- See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source
A murder enquiry has been launched in France after the naked and partially burnt body of a hugely popular influencer was found in an isolated vineyard.
Sonia Bellina, 29, went missing while on holiday in the southern Gard department on August 10, as she prepared to celebrate her 30th birthday next month.
She had more than a quarter million followers on TikTok and was known for sharing details of her life across multiple social media platforms, where she also used the name Mia.
A farm worker discovered Ms Bellina's dead body in a vineyard in Saint-Gilles, close to the city of Nimes.
Members of her family later identified it, while Nimes prosecutors were preparing to release the results of DNA testing.
'The body was found lying between rows of vines,' said Cécile Gensac, the Nimes public prosecutor, who confirmed the opening of a murder enquiry.
Ms Gensac said the body had been 'partially burned,' in an apparent attempt to destroy evidence.
There have been no arrests in connection with the enquiry so far, she added.
Ms Bellina's sister, who asked for her name not to be published, recalled the events of August 10, saying: 'She said she was going out one evening, and she never came back.'
The body of influencer Sonia Bellina (pictured) was discovered in a vineyard in Saint-Gilles, France
A murder inquiry has now been launched in connection to her death
She also said Ms Bellina may have 'run into the wrong guy at the wrong time,' without providing further details.
Her sister told the Midi Libre news outlet: 'I never thought something like this would happen to our family, especially since she was such a radiant, kind person whom everyone loved.
'I am shocked to be living in such a cruel world. This is a terrible injustice. We don't deserve to go through this.
'We were getting ready for her birthday—she would have turned 30 on September 30th – and we had planned to throw a party'.
The victim's family also condemned a 'hate campaign' on social media which followed news of Ms Bellina's death.
Her sister said: 'People are going too far – it's awful, and they're coming out with nonsense.
'It's harassment – some are even saying she deserved what happened to her. People are using my sister's photos just to generate a buzz.'
Mourad Battikh, the lawyer representing the Bellina family, who live in Nimes, said: 'The family is going through an ordeal of extreme severity.
'They condemn the publication of rumours, speculation, offensive remarks, and accusations, accompanied by images and details concerning their private lives.
'My firm is already taking steps to document and preserve evidence. Depending on the specific case, each publication will trigger reports to the platforms.'
Law and order officials frequently issue warnings to influencers and others who post details of their lives to strangers, saying they can attract unwanted attention from criminals, including stalkers.
The enquiry into the death of Sonia Bellina continues.