Cebu City buy-bust: High-value target nabbed, ₱340K shabu seized
CEBU CITY, Philippines — A 45-year-old high-value individual (HVI) remains detained after police seized suspected shabu worth around ₱340,612 during a buy-bust operation in Barangay Sawang Calero, Cebu City, early Saturday morning, August 15.
The operation was conducted at around 12:05 a.m. in Sitio Omega by personnel of Sawang Calero Police Station.
HVI nabbed in buy-bust
Police Major Noah Labra Anana, chief of Sawang Calero Police Station, said Monday, August 17, that the operation was conducted by the station’s Drug Enforcement Team in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).
The operation resulted in the arrest of the 45-year-old suspect after the buy-bust transaction was consummated.
According to the police report, a total of 50.09 grams of suspected shabu, with a standard drug price of ₱340,612, was confiscated during the operation.
Weeklong case buildup
Anana said police conducted a week of surveillance and case buildup before carrying out the operation.
He added that the unemployed suspect had been operating in the areas of Barangay Sawang Calero and Barangay Duljo.
Anana also said the suspect had previously been arrested by the Mandaue City Police Office in 2024 for an alleged violation of Republic Act No. 10591, or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act.
As of Monday, the suspect remains detained pending the filing of appropriate drug-related charges against him.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.