HYDERABAD

Senior leader of Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) and its Deputy Floor Leader in the Assembly T. Harish Rao accused Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy of targeting him personally since he has been making public the ‘scams’ of the government along with evidence.

In a chat with mediapersons here on Monday, he said the Chief Minister was resorting to character assassination and political victimisation with false propaganda, unable to answer his allegations of scams. He was being targeted every three months with one issue or the other, he pointed out.

The history of Mr. Revanth Reddy was revealed publicly by Congress leader Komatireddy Rajagopal Reddy and G. Chinna Reddy and also defectors such as Pocharam Srinivas Reddy. Visiting temples and praying had been the practice for him from the beginning, but Mr. Revanth Reddy knew only playing politics in the name of god too. His visit to temples in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka too was appearing as a foul practice to Mr. Revanth Reddy.

In case the Chief Minister had any evidence of him (Harish Rao) performing tantric rituals in those temples, the former could make them public by taking his name. However, Mr. Revanth Reddy was not taking his name since he was apprehensive about the legal notices.

On the Chief Minister’s comparison of Mr. Harish Rao with a match box, the latter said Mr. Revanth Reddy had no moral right to speak about the movement for Statehood to Telangana and his role in the movement, including facing 370 cases and going to jail umpteen times, unlike Mr. Reddy who had no association, whatsoever, with the Statehood movement. The fact that he (Revanth) did not raise the ‘Jai Telangana’ slogan once out of his respect for his political masters of Andhra.

On the inclusion of a large extent of lands under the prohibited list under Section 22-A, the BRS leader alleged that it was with the objective of taking commissions for regularising the land the government had included them (lands), including those removed from the land ceiling Act provisions, under the prohibited list. He demanded that the government make public the list of lands included in the prohibited list (22-A) from December 7, 2023.

He criticised the Congress government for discontinuing Rythu Bima, Kalyana Lakshmi/Shadi Mubarak, Dalit Bandhu schemes and pruning the Rythu Bandhu/Bharosa. He sought to know why the Kalyana Lakshmi beneficiaries list had depleted under the Congress rule compared to the BRS rule.

Mr. Harish Rao mentioned that the Revanth Reddy government had denied ₹19,000 crore under Rythu Bharosa in 2024-25 and 2025-26. He stated that the BRS government had disbursed ₹14,743 crore under Rythu Bandhu in 2022-23, while the Congress government had given only ₹5,057 crore in 2024-25 and ₹11,800 crore in 2025-26.

Published - August 17, 2026 08:41 pm IST