Viktor Tregubov, Spokesperson for the Joint Forces Group, said this during a television broadcast, Ukrinform reports.
“It seems to me, at least based on an analysis of the map and intelligence reports, that they (the Russians – ed.) are trying to apply somewhat greater pressure in a western direction, toward Raivka, to expand their ability to penetrate the city itself from the north,” Tregubov said.
According to him, Russian troops previously attempted to advance through Holubivka, but are now looking for additional opportunities to move forward.
“So far, it has been ineffective, but at least the plan is clear. The plan is logical: if it succeeded, it would probably be effective for them to some extent. But so far, it just isn't working,” the Spokesperson said.
At the same time, Tregubov stressed that the overall tactics of Russian forces in the Kupiansk sector of the front have not changed. Periods of increased and reduced attack intensity are linked, among other things, to troop rotations, the restoration of logistics and personnel replenishment.
Read also:No deal or peace agreement with Russia expected by year-end – DIU
As reported by Ukrinform, 244 combat engagements between the Ukrainian Defense Forces and Russian invaders were recorded on the front line on August 17, with the Pokrovsk sector remaining the area of the heaviest fighting.
Photo: Viktor Tregubov