According to Ukrinform, the Kherson Regional Prosecutor's Office said this in a statement.

"According to the investigation, throughout August 19, 2026, the Russian army attacked the Kherson region using aircraft, tube and rocket artillery, and various types of drones," the statement said.

As of 17:30, six civilians had been confirmed killed and 12 injured as a result of Russia's aggression.

All those killed were residents of Kherson who suffered fatal injuries in Russian FPV drone attacks. Four were passengers on a minibus, one victim was in a car, and another woman was on the street.

Ten other civilians were injured by enemy drones and artillery in Kherson, while two more were injured in Komyshany.

Read also:Russian drone strikes medical workers responding to call in Kherson, two injured

Private and apartment buildings, a shop, a cafe, business premises, garages, as well as service vehicles and private cars were also damaged.

Under the procedural supervision of the Kherson Regional Prosecutor's Office, pretrial investigations have been launched into war crimes.

At approximately 08:50 on August 19, Russian forces attacked a minibus with a drone in Kherson's Korabelnyi district, killing four people and injuring five.

Following the attack, President Volodymyr Zelensky called on Ukraine's partners to increase pressure on the aggressor state.

Russian forces also attacked a civilian vehicle in Kherson with a drone, killing a woman and injuring two people.

In the Kherson community, Russian forces subsequently attacked another minibus carrying people, killing one woman and injuring others.